30 October 2010

"The Crusher"


I've been trying to make a little more effort lately - I have fewer excuses at the moment for not getting out with the camera. I must admit, it felt a little foreign today, and I only took a few shots.

I'm posting this now as I know that if I don't I won't do it later. I'm not particularly happy with this shot - there are focus issues for one thing - but it's more interesting that anything else I've shot in the past 3 months and i'm way overdue to post something.

Post processing is one of the things holding me back at the moment. I still don't have a handle on Photoshop CS5 yet - it's different from CS2 in subtle and not so subtle ways. While I haven't spent all that much time working with it (need to shoot something more often for that), when I do work with it I'm usually left with a feeling that I'm resorting to gimmicks rather than truly creating something myself. There are so many preset things that it'll do, it seems to stifle any individual creativity. In the old version you had to spend more time creating the final product yourself, with the corresponding sense of achievement at the end of the process.

I won't promise that this signals a return to more regular posting, but I will try.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP