13 June 2010

Look where you want to go, not where you are



Finally... a new post!
 

My longest interlude by far - sorry for the lack of posts. I had been almost completely lacking in motivation and inspiration for the past couple of months. I was almost beginning to wonder if I'd ever get it back. I suppose I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself though - after all, I've only just had the one day today - but it felt good to be out with the camera again shooting something different and challenging.

I spent much of the day out at the Greg Moore Raceway in Chilliwack, where I'd been invited by this guy (his name is Sam Pat - a colleague from work). I had no idea there was so much variety to "mini-bike" racing - there are all sorts of classes (and vehicles). I heard any number of racers today talk about how if you go down (wipe out) it's no big deal and doesn't really hurt. Given the number of crashes and the fact that everyone seemed to have walked away from them I suppose they were telling the truth, but it did seem to me that they were in fact going pretty fast nevertheless.

To be fair, many of the crashes seemed to be rain-related (it rained a fair bit for a while) even though the experienced guys talked about how, after the heavy downpour the wet track (as opposed to damp) would actually be safer and have better traction.

I'll probably post a couple of more pictures from today over the next week or so. Then I hope to be shooting real motorbike (as opposed to mini) racing on Canada Day, and I've also got 6 weeks of holidays coming up and hope to get back into the swing of things then.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP